I just realised that having the numbers as the titles for all my GQC posts is not very conducive to being able to actually go back and find topics so I can elaborate on them or just look back at stuff. So I’m doing a little round-up pretty much entirely for my own benefit.
- Do you use other terms to define or explain your gender?
In this post, I admit that I don’t actually use ‘genderqueer’ and explain my use of the terms nonbinary and quoigender.
- How did you grow up with your gender?
With a caveat about how bad my memory is, I describe my gender stuff up to the age of 17.
- What’s your favourite ways of upsetting gender roles/genderbending/genderfucking?
Mainly my answer is ‘I don’t’ but more long-winded.
- Name some queer heroes, influences, or crushes.
Does what it says on the tin.
- Dysphoria and how you manage it.
I explain how I currently deal with social dysphoria.
- When did you realise you were genderqueer?
A follow-on from question 2 about how I started questioning my gender and where it’s led me to up to this point.
- What are your favourite physical features of yourself?
Does what it says on the tin (I don’t really have any, that was possibly the shortest post I ever wrote).
- An unpopular or unsure opinion about the GSM community.
I talk about over-sexualised queer communities.
- What have you done or plan to do to socially transition?
A quick rundown of who and how I’ve come out to, with very few concrete plans to do anything else.
- Are you taking any steps to physically transition?
- Your first experience with a GSM organisation or event.
I talk about Leeds Pride.
- Discuss your relationship with the term transgender.
It’s weirdly similar to my relationship with religion. Make of that what you will.
- How has your family taken it or might take it?
I was wrong earlier, this is the shortest blog post ever. They’d probably be alright with it.
- Are you part of the GSM community?
I’m in lots of different communities.
- How do you deal with gendered things?
I hate forms, don’t really care about bathrooms, like men’s shirts and dislike some NB ‘inclusive’ feminist spaces.
- Name some media you connect with queerly.
All of it? But mainly fandom.
- How do you, or would you, deal with being misgendered?
I’m awkward and anxious so I don’t and it sucks.
- How does your gender factor into your future plans?
I talk about career paths, activism (which I am now slightly doing!) and marriage.
- What terms in the community are problematic?
I rant about my favourite thing to rant about, gender-based attraction and its enforcement of cissexism/exorsexism.
- Have you faced any problems or gone through any changes regarding religion?
- How has your relationship with yourself been affected since you realised you were genderqueer?
Too much stuff has happened in the last few years for me to know.
- What are your sexual and romantic orientations? Are they affected by your gender?
I talk about how I used to think maybe my gender was affected by my asexuality.
- Do you feel comfortable answering questions about your gender to people?
I talk about all the different ways I talk about (or avoid talking about) gender with people.
- How has your relationship with the cisgender people in your life changed?
Another short post — basically, they haven’t.
- Your first queer crush or relationship.
I talk about my maths teacher, an ex, and my boyfriend.
- Discuss how your clothes do or don’t reflect your gender.
Ramblings about how they sort of do but also sort of don’t, with a side of ‘what clothes do I even wear anyway’.
- Write a poem about being genderqueer.
I manage to write seemingly the least gender-related poem ever.
- Who are some people in your life who make it better?
I have really great friends, a cute boyfriend and a hilarious grandma.
- Some positive genderqueer experiences.
My very existence is apparently positive and whimsical.
- What does genderqueer mean to you?
I side-step and talk about being nonbinary and what it means.